My stomach has been feeling a queasy for the last couple of days. And it makes me a bit nervous. I think I have PTSD from my E. Coli virus from a few months ago
But I will say this, being able to work from my bed is a blessing! (It’s not a habit I recommend. Nor it is something I do often, but happy that I have the luxury - especially on days like today).
This kind of freedom is what people say they want, until they get it and realize that autonomy can be disastrous when you don’t have some sort of structure in place.
Self-discipline is definitely one of those things you absolutely need as an entrepreneur. No one is telling you what to do, no one is telling you when to do it. This kind of freedom is what people say they want, until they get it and realize that autonomy can be disastrous when you don’t have some sort of structure in place. Insert self discipline....the art of making yourself take action!
Self-Discipline Tips for Entrepreneurs:
1. Set "office hours" and stick to 'em. Know your own rhythm (early vs late preferences).
2. Set goals and plan your week/day in advance. I write EVERYTHING in a planner (virtual and physical). If it's not in there, it doesn't get done. My Friends get it...and send me calendar invites when they wanna meet up for brunch or coffee lol
3. Cluster your activities so that they make sense. If you're gonna check email..schedule time for it a 2 or 3x a day vs looking at it whenever the notification dings. (Ps - I recommend turning ALL your notifications off). If you're gonna make videos do them all in one block of time vs one every day. It keeps your brain focused on the type of task at hand. For ex, I do all of my client calls in chunks 2x a week. I get into a rhythm of coaching and my clients get to have the best of me that way.
4. Work in time to rest, time to be alone, and time to socialize. You need those breaks!
5. Take regular inventory of your schedule until you find what works. You won't hit the nail on the head right away - and that's ok!
You should always be operating in favor of your desired outcome...being a #boss means you have to show up and do stuff!
Being disciplined doesn't always sound like fun but...structure makes room for more freedom!
And if you take naps in your bed whenever you try to work from there... don’t work in your bed! Lol