I am well aware that being in front of the camera has been a major part of my success as a coach and entrepreneur. When you cant get in front of someone, the lens is the next best thing! Having that as an option lets me share my message all over the world! I've been able to connect with millions, work with thousands and create content that keeps my visibility (and income) consistent. Its a blessing...really and truly.
I also know that it's not easy for everyone. Women are under a microscope enough as is. So any slight insecurity gets blown up when we face a lens and a red blinking light. Everything from weight to hair to foreign accents. My clients have come to me with a cornucopia of cringeworthy reasons why the camera is not their friend.
But video is sooooooo beneficial to your business! The stats speak for themselves:
- One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. (Forrester Research)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Wirebuzz)
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. (HubSpot)
- By 2020, online videos will make up more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic (Cisco)
- Users view more than 500 million hrs of video each day on YouTube. (Business Insider)
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined. (Wordstream)
How are those not convincing?
I'm telling you, its probably the most valuable way to improve your visibility and success in the online space!