Ever feel like the lone wolf?
Entrepreneurship is awesome. But...let's not get it twisted. There are sides that often don't get talked about. People love to publicize excitement, the lavish lifestyle, the freedom, etc. And for those of us who get to experience that, it's AH-MAZING. I can't lie about that part. However the exciting parts of entrepreneurship are often portrayed by the ones who are successful at it.
The truth is, for every 1 entrepreneur who finds success, there are 9 others who are struggling in silence trying to make it. Thinking that they cant tell anyone because no one will understand.
They often feel separated/disconnected to the ppl around them because a VERY small % of people in their real lives get it. If they show an ounce of hardship, someone is going to say "why don't you just get a real job?!" Right...cuz thats the answer Often times, the ridicule, judgement and discouragement comes from their own loved ones.
So, they feel a need to be perfectly put together all the time 'cuz struggle would render them weak & unsuccessful, inviting more side comments.
All of that, coupled w/ the responsibility of building the business, its a lot!
“Some people want to be entrepreneurs; some people have to be entrepreneurs.”
- Dr. D. Stillwell, University of Cambridge
What people don't understand is that “Some people want to be entrepreneurs; some people have to be entrepreneurs.” Dr. D. Stillwell, University of Cambridge
Because nothing else will be fulfilling enough, challenging enough, purpose driven enough, etc. You only get it, if you get it.
For those of you who do feel isolated. I see you. I hear you. I am with you. 4 things that may help:
- Don't give your power away. Only you know the vision you were given. Stop taking advice from people who are projecting their own doubts and fears on you. It's their stuff, not yours.
- Find community (ie, make new friends). There are people that get it! And over 5,000 in my A-List Entrepreneurs FB group. Feel free to join us!
- Don't overthink it. Just do. Spend more time operating in favor of your desired outcome. You will have less time to doubt.
- Get support. No one said you had to do this by yourself. People have gone before you so they can teach/support you! Be a smart person. Work with them!